When I feel like having chili I go for Hormel canned chili. And if for some reason I experience an ultra lazy day I always make sure I get the cans with the lid I can pull off. Because who wants to have to bend or reach for the can opener? Not this girl. But because Sunday was “Superbowl Sunday” I decided to put in a little more effort and make chili myself. I could not believe how easy it was! Just a little bit of work in a pan and then I toss it all in a crockpot and forget about it for a bit. But it’s kind of hard to forget about it because it smells so good.
What you’ll need:
- 2 lbs ground beef(I prefer 93/7 lean)
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 diced Roma Tomato
- ½ cup diced onion
- 1 tbsp each of Oregano, Basil, Cayenne Pepper, Black Pepper
- 2 tbsp Chili Power
- 1 tsp of both Paprika and Salt
- 2 pinches of Celery Salt
- 15 oz can each of Black Beans, Kidney Beans, Pinto Beans(drained, do not rinse)
- Tortilla Chips to shovel the goodness into your mouth
- Saute onions and tomato in pan and add ground beef till it has browned.
- Get that crockpot set up and toss in chicken broth and beans.
- Mix in cooked ground beef, spices, and water to crockpot on high setting for approx 3 hours.Optional: Serve chili with finely chopped Serrano chili peppers, diced onion, diced tomatoes and cheese.
If you decide to make this remember to stock up on some ground beef while it may still be on sale!