Lately, I’ve been getting my kicks on Instagram. You can find me @ mrslazywife . I post there more often because it’s a lot easier for me to get to in a flash since ya know, I’m lazy and all. We’ll see though. My husband has been working tons of overtime so I’m pretty much going nuts and shower less frequently than usual.
But, YO, it’s Lent!!!! And guess what I am making tonight?! GLUTEN FREE FISH STICKS! I’m looking forward to sharing that with you. Fingers crossed that it comes out good!! Lent has about 51% to do with me making this. The other 49% is because I’ve been watching Finding Nemo 4 times a day and the ocean inspires me to eat the deliciousness that dwells in it. YUM!
Now, I have to let you in on a little secret. I had a Kit Kat today and it’s totally not gluten-free. I make gluten-free meals for my husband and 2-year-old who definitely has some sort of sensitivity to gluten and are in the process of seeing a gastroenterologist to get answers and diagnosis. I have not been so concerned with the baby and gluten though we have excluded it from her diet. She seems to have no GI problems, other than gas! But the other day I gave her turkey and rice made by Gerber. Unfortunately, I made the mistake of not looking at the ingredients. She pooped about 4 times yesterday, kind of diarrhea like and has an insane red rash. Almost like a burn. We just changed diaper brands and figured that was the cause. Of course we went out and got what we had been using and it seemed to fix the problem along with diaper rash cream and powder. She pooped again this morning and BAM, it’s back.
I did some research and found that babies may get this in relation to an allergy. That is what made me check the ingredients of that turkey and rice. There it was, “Whole Wheat Flour”. At least now I know to continue avoiding wheat and gluten products for her so we can be on the safe side. My poor little baby.
Let’s see how these fish sticks come out. I hope you have a great weekend and that you hopefully have not given up alcohol for Lent.